The Objects of the Band are:
- To encourage participation and further education in piping and drumming;
- The preservation of Scottish sentiment, culture and tradition;
- To provide a social meeting ground for people interested in the practice and performance of music and advancement of culture;
- To participate in community projects of a social, cultural and charitable nature where deemed appropriate;
- To provide tutors to teach piping and drumming to interested members of the community and children in particular;
- To assist charities in fund raising activities by the provision of entertainment;
- To perform acts of service to the community.
- The Band is a member of the NSW Pipe Band Association Ltd. presently graded Gr.4.
The Band meets each Monday Night at the Public School Kahibah at 6:30pm. Entry is from the cul-de-sac at the end of Symes Avenue, off Beath Crescent.
Experienced pipers and drummers are welcome. Those seeking tuition are also made welcome.
The City of Newcastle RSL Pipe Band at Newcastle Mall During Anzac Day Celebrations.